The Upper Township Green Team was established in August 2013 by the Township Committee.
Visit the Green Team website.
Green Team Memers
- Ralph Cooper, Chair
- Wanda Adamson
- Fred Beuttler
- Harry Young
- Zachary Nickerson
- Rebecca Holden
- Katelynn Wintz
- Paul Dietrich, Sr., Municipal Engineer
- Hobart Young, Township Committee
The Upper Twp. Green Team has been developed in conjunction with the statewide Sustainable Jersey (SJ) effort that was official launched in 2009. Upper Twp. registered as a participant community with the SJ program in 2011 and applied for certification in June 2014.
Green Team Vision Statement
Upper Twp. Green Team – Working toward a more sustainable Upper Township.
Green Team Purpose Elements
The Upper Township Green Team shall:
1. Serve as the advisory team to the Township Committee and the Township of Upper.
2. Focus on the successful completion of requirements for eligibility for Sustainable New Jersey certification.
3. Educate the Township of Upper in sustainability and the importance of a sustainable lifestyle to the community.
4. Encourage the Township Committee and the Township of Upper to participate in and propose green initiatives.
5. Collaborate with other environmental organizations and committees, both public and private, to replicate and utilize the best practices.
6. Ensure there is a coordinated effort within the Township of Upper and also between related communities.
7. Strive to provide the Township of Upper with continuous environmental improvement to ensure a high quality of life for residents of the Township of Upper.
UTGT meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 1 pm at the Upper Twp. municipal building.
Work sessions and general community collaboration meetings will be schedule on an as needed basis and communicated via the Green Team’s social media.
For more information:
Contact: Paul Dietrich, Upper Twp. Municipal Engineer (609) 628.2011 Ext. 244
Green Team Social Media:
The UT Green Team’s Facebook and social media postings enable the collaborative exchange of sustainable information. Postings and opinions on the UTGT sites do not represent the opinions or positions of the Upper Twp. Committee.